Here are some of the most eco-friendly siding products that will protect your home:
- Wood siding comes in a variety of options that are sustainable and recyclable. Look or the certifications from the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
- Rock facades don’t require chemical treatments and have minimal manufacturing, but the install can be quite labor-intensive. You’ll want to choose locally sourced rock to be the most environmentally conscious.
- Brick is made of clay, shale and water and has a long lifespan. Unfortunately, the manufacturing process is energy-intensive. Again, choose locally sourced bricks or go with an energy-friendly alternative.
- Metal siding is typically made of recycled materials, such as scrapped building materials or junk cars. It’s easy to install, but may not have the energy efficiency for your home in the long run.
- Vinyl siding may be manufactured, but it’s ease of maintenance and durability can make it eco-friendly over the years.
Siding is not an isolated element of your home’s exterior. It must be part of an entire system of weather protection for your home. You need professional siding installation services from a local contractor in Massachusetts.
Get a Free Estimate Today
At Jancewicz and Son, our siding installation service in Massachusetts is top-notch. We have over 75 years of experience in home improvement services for our New England neighbors. During your project, feel free to call us any time to get answers. Make an appointment today when you call 1-800-281-3585 for a free estimate on your siding installation or other home renovation project.